Now Hiring: Impact Manager
ABOUT EDUCATION OPENS DOORS:
Education Opens Doors (EOD) is an innovative 501(c)(3) nonprofit that believes all students deserve the opportunity to pursue their limitless potential. They have the right to understand the value of an education and how to access and attain all options available to them after high school. Yet, systems of inequity within education are leaving thousands of underserved youth across the country behind, restricting the path to social mobility and economic security. Without a roadmap to success, countless students’ aspirations are never fully realized, as they lack the information and support necessary to achieve their dreams.
Therefore, our primary focus is to open doors for middle school students from communities of color, low-income communities, and future first generation college students. As a result of our program, students demonstrate increased motivation, pathway, and agency to college and career. We effectively are redefining the status quo around college access by legitimizing and increasing exposure to college knowledge for all middle school students during the academic school day.
To accomplish our goal, we equip students, beginning in middle school, with college knowledge. Education Opens Doors provides schools with a comprehensive college and career program that raises self-expectations, increases confidence, and builds skills in students who lack access to this critical information. By primarily partnering with school districts and other educational institutions, we are able to embed our curriculum directly into classrooms. Our team trains and supports teachers who integrate these vital lessons into their academic curriculum. This, in turn, leads to systems-level change, cultivating a college-going culture in every school we serve.
Education Opens Doors plays an integral role in arming students with the knowledge and skills that are necessary to successfully navigate the complex and costly college-going process, so they are ultimately able to attain a post-secondary degree and secure a meaningful career. Since our inception in 2012, EOD has grown from two to ten team members and empowered over 33,000 students across Texas.
Education Opens Doors is seeking one (1) Impact Manager to join our highly motivated and collaborative Dallas-based team for the 2018-19 School Year. The responsibilities and qualifications for the Impact Manager position are listed below.
IMPACT MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY
The Impact Manager will join a driven, dynamic, and growing team, who are currently supporting over 100 educators and 9,500 students across Texas with the life-changing Roadmap to Success Program. The Impact Manager is responsible for supervising the effective implementation of the Roadmap to Success Program and collaborating with the team to continuously grow the impact of the program and organization.
Impact Manager Responsibilities
The Roadmap to Success is a comprehensive program that includes lessons, powerpoints and tailored support from our team of Impact Managers. We work with each of our partners to determine the model that works best for their needs and continue to provide support throughout our partnership.
Year-Long, On-Site Teacher Support
- Cultivate positive relationships with school administrators and program teachers
- Prepare and deliver program orientation presentation to teachers (“train the trainer”)
- Manage logistics for the successful program launch and close of assigned program sites
- Tailor the sequencing of lessons and materials for program sites as needed
- Conduct ongoing program site visits and track lesson observations for program fidelity
- Provide meaningful, timely support to teachers throughout the academic year
- Obtain feedback from teachers, students, administrators, and other stakeholders
- Drive program goals and results by making data-informed decisions
- Lead meetings with principals to both nurture existing relationships and prospect future partnerships
Roadmap to Success Program Support
- Collaborate with Impact Manager Team to continuously evaluate best practices and improve the implementation of the Roadmap to Success Program
- Support the Data Manager with delivery and collection of student, teacher, administrator, and parent assessments and surveys
- Collaborate with EOD Team to plan and execute site visits, events, and fundraisers as needed
Impact Manager Qualifications & Mindsets
- 2+ full-time years working in a school setting or relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in influencing and motivating adults
- Demonstrated success in building and sustaining meaningful community partnerships
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines with minimal oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a variety of mediums
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in the following software: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Experience working as an educator or with educators
- Exemplary ability to think critically and synthesize data to make decisions
- Experience working with people from underrepresented demographic backgrounds (race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, etc.)
- Strong understanding and analysis of timely issues affecting education, including the opportunity gap, access to resources, district zoning, and large district politics.
- Proficiency in the following software: Box, Salesforce
- Mission Oriented: Committed to social, economic and racial justice
- Driven: Possesses a diverse skill set and is proactive about learning new skills
- Collaborative: Willing to propose solutions and ideas to challenges based on expertise, debate their merits, and make final recommendations
- Adaptable: Excited to work in a fast-moving small team environment, where each staff person assumes multiple responsibilities while striving to achieve shared goals
- Self-reflective: Open to receiving and giving ongoing feedback
- Positive: Passionate, sense of humor, open to adventure, fun
Our Core Values
- Purpose Driven: we amplify our impact by pursuing mission-aligned outcomes in a sustainable manner.
- Equitable: we aim to disrupt systems of oppression by prioritizing the needs and insight of the people we work with. We include the perspectives of people of color, women, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and immigrant communities in the work that we do.
- Life-Long Learners: we invest in the learning and leadership opportunities of our team members and partners in order to develop change makers in the communities we support.
- Empathetic: we practice authentic respect among our team members and partners and are deeply invested in the well-being of the people we impact.
- Innovative: we pursue transformative solutions by cultivating an entrepreneurial spirit and pursuing improvement in order to create a positive change in the communities we support.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
Salary for the position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter including salary requirements, a 1-2 page résumé, and a minimum of two references to one of the following:
In the subject line, please include
Your Name and Job Title.
Education Opens Doors, c/o Jayda Batchelder
P.O. Box 601971
Dallas, Texas 75360
Education Opens Doors is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, ancestry, color, race, ethnicity or creed. LGBTQ individuals and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 1st, 2018